What About my Personal Injury Claim If I am in an Accident with Someone with No Insurance?

What About my Personal Injury Claim If I am in an Accident with Someone with No Insurance?

When an accident happens, involved parties usually turn towards the at-fault party’s insurance company for compensation. However, there are situations where the party responsible for causing the accident has no insurance. This is where things get a bit more complicated.

If this happened to you, and if you got involved in a car accident with a person who has no proper car insurance, do not panic. There are still ways that you can get compensated for your damages, at least some of them. Here is what you can and should do.

Talk to your Insurance Company

If you turn to your own insurance company, you may get a chance to recover some of the damages, based on your insurance. If you have either Uninsured Motorist Coverage or Underinsured Motorist Coverage, you will be able to get most of the damages covered by your insurance company. These two insurances are offered to everyone at the time when purchasing an insurance policy, and it is highly recommended to discuss these two insurance options with your insurance company to determine whether or not you should purchase any of the two.

If you have none of the two options, perhaps you have Collision coverage. It may also be able to help cover for your damages, assuming that you previously paid an extra insurance policy cost. Collision coverage usually covers for any vehicle repairs sustained in an accident with an at-fault uninsured driver, or if your vehicle was damaged by a hit-and-run driver. However, collision coverage will not help you recover any medical costs. Speak with Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney and seek his help in obtaining compensation for your medical costs. An attorney will know what to do.

A Lawsuit is an Option

When a person responsible for causing the accident has no proper car insurance, you are eligible to file a lawsuit against them. If your accident happened in a “negligence state” instead of no-fault car insurance state, you are eligible to file a lawsuit. To do so, simply contact your attorney and schedule a consultation to learn how you can sue the person responsible for causing the accident.

You do not have an attorney? Consider getting in touch with Personal Injury Attorney in Los Angeles Howard Craig Kornberg; he has the knowledge and experience that can help you deal with car accidents, and help you recover damages after a car accident (collision, rear-end accident or a hit and run). All you have to do is speak with an attorney, and he will help you assess the damage you received, helps hire other legal professionals who can properly investigate your case and the accident, as well as helps determine the full value of your compensation and costs.

You can get compensated for (assuming that your lawsuit is successful):

  • Your medical costs
  • Your vehicle repair costs
  • Your pain and suffering
  • Your lost wages