Types of Major Medical Errors Lead To Medical Malpractice Lawsuit

Types of Major Medical Errors Lead To Medical Malpractice Lawsuit

Majority of people believe that hospitals are safe and that the care provided is flawless. And that is true, but only in about 95 percent of cases. As for the remaining 5 percent, things are not so great.

People are being victims of medical malpractice on a daily basis. There are several types of mistakes that even doctors can make, but when they do, someone’s life could get changed. Here are the most common types of major medical errors which may lead to a medical malpractice lawsuit.

Misdiagnosis (or Delayed Diagnosis)

In some situations, it could be difficult to diagnose what is causing your pain or illness. However, even doctors could make mistakes, which usually start with misdiagnosis. Once you are diagnosed with something that you do not have, it leads to a whole chain of events, all of which may have a negative impact on your general health.

Given The Wrong Medication

After getting misdiagnosed, you will most likely be given the wrong type of medication. So instead of getting better, your health may get worse in the process.

Around 1.5 million people are affected each year by medical malpractice in the United States alone. It is a serious problem, and everyone involved is eligible to file a medical malpractice lawsuit against the caretaker or the hospital which was responsible for medical malpractice.

If this happened to you, feel free to reach out to Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Hawaii and schedule your initial free consultation to learn how you can file a lawsuit and receive compensation for everything that you have been through.

Surgery Errors

People usually connect surgery errors with horror stories. However, these horrifying moments happen on a daily basis. The most common cases involve forgetting surgical instruments inside a patient’s body or performing surgery on the wrong body part. Either way, these things can and usually do change a person’s life for good.

Anesthesia Errors

Before having surgery on your body, it is only normal that you are given anesthesia. However, imagine waking up in the middle of the process and starting to freak out. Sadly, this is what happens to those who did not receive the right dose of anesthesia. On the other hand, getting too much anesthesia can impact your long-term health, and waking up after surgery could be harder than one expects it to be.

If you have been a victim of any type of medical malpractice, rest assured that you are eligible to file a claim or a lawsuit against the hospital or care-providing facility. All you have to do is reach out to one of Hawaii Medical Malpractice Attorneys, explain to them your situation, and seek help in obtaining the compensation for everything that you have been through since that terrible moment.

Experienced and knowledgeable attorneys will help you with the paperwork, and represent your best interest, and do everything in their power to help you receive the highest possible compensation in a timely manner.

COMMENTS