Different people prefer different types of transport. While some enjoy the comfort of driving a car, others prefer walking or riding a bicycle. It includes some exercise as well as getting you where you want to go.
However, riding a bicycle is not that safe at all nowadays. In the past several years, the number of bicycle accidents has drastically increased in Phoenix AZ. Every day, there are dozens of accidents involving a motor vehicle and a bicycle.
Have you ever been involved in one such accident? Just I case you do, here is everything you need to know about getting your compensation after an accident with a motor vehicle.
The Same Procedure
Most people believe that getting caught in an accident while riding your bicycle is different than getting caught in an accident with your car. In reality, the procedure is pretty much the same:
- You call the police
- You help the police craft a report and request a copy of it
- You exchange information with the other party
- You take pictures of the accident (if possible) and information from any witnesses
- You seek immediate medical attention
If your injuries are severe and you are unable to take photos of the accident or exchange information with the other party, call your attorney to do it on your behalf or ask the police to do it for you. If you do not have an attorney, be sure to put our Phoenix Bicycle Accident Attorneys on speed dial just in case.
The attorney will perform a thorough investigation and look for any evidence that may help you secure your compensation, as well as take all the information you need from the other party.
If the accident was a Hit and Run, our attorneys can help question the eyewitnesses for any information, seek camera footage from nearby parking lots and stores, and will help the police in their investigation.
Things You Can Recover
After you get your doctor’s report and the police report, you can file a claim against the party responsible for causing the accident. Depending on your injuries and the results of the accident, the greater the injury, the greater the compensation.
In an average case, you should be able to receive compensation for the following:
- Your medical care (including prescriptions and out of pocket expenses)
- Travel to and from the hospital
- Loss of earnings (any future earnings including promotions, pension or rise in wages)
- Household help (if applicable)
- Adaption of your home environment (if applicable)
- Care and assistance in and around the house and hospital
- Property damage (bicycle repairs or getting a new one)
- Pain and suffering (general damages)
Speak with Bicycle Accident Attorneys in Phoenix right after you regain your senses and let them help you obtain the compensation you rightfully deserve. Do not hesitate to file a claim against the party responsible, and be sure that they would do the same to you if it were the other way around. Think about your family and your own income, and do the math – do you have enough to cover all your expenses and continue living peacefully? With that in mind, do the right thing. Call us today and schedule your free consultation.